For my Two Materials assignment, I decided to keep it pretty simple. I still hadn’t made use of the blocks of wood I had prepped from my “5 Multiples” assignment, and I still wanted to have my at-home lock picking station. I decided to install my doorknobs!
The doorknobs were metal. They were pretty easy to attach to the softwood because the hard work had been done during the “5 multiples” assignment. The doorknob components fit snugly into each of the prepared holes (though I had to use a rubber mallet for the insert). There were two long machine screw for each doorknob to lock the into place with each other. Unlike so many of my other fabrication assignments, it all went rather smoothly.